By Fred Terry
* geared toward the anticipated 300,000 Mac OS X builders who're attracted to customizing and growing widgets for his or her Dashboards, this well timed booklet exhibits them the best way to faucet into the ability of Mac OS X Tiger to create and customise Dashboard widgets * The specialist writer makes use of application examples and routines to demonstrate different how you can customise the Dashboard via widget improvement utilizing uncomplicated authoring instruments, net plug-ins, and textual content editors * starts with a dialogue of the Dashboard notion and configuration and progresses to assurance of complex performance * Covers instruments, maintaining code, configuration, homes, bundles, assets, extensions, and masses extra
Read or Download Beginning Mac OS X Tiger Dashboard Widget Development PDF
Similar programming languages books
This e-book compiles contributions from well known researchers protecting all features of conceptual modeling, at the social gathering of Arne Sølvberg’s 67th birthday. buddies of this pioneer in details platforms modeling give a contribution their newest study effects from such fields as information modeling, goal-oriented modeling, agent-oriented modeling, and process-oriented modeling.
BlackBerrys let clients to stick hooked up with instant entry to electronic mail, calendars, and company facts; they've got a cell and an internet browser as well as different instant featuresWritten by means of a BlackBerry insider with the help of learn in movement, this publication covers help themes starting from developing BlackBerry pilot courses to constructing purposes that permit BlackBerry clients entry company facts and platforms remotelyKey subject matters comprise tips to install BlackBerrys in the association, the right way to create push functions to increase the performance of BlackBerrys, and the way to enforce new beneficial properties of the newest BlackBerry company Server (BES) four.
Many claims are made approximately how definite instruments, applied sciences, and practices increase software program improvement. yet which claims are verifiable, and that are simply wishful considering? during this booklet, prime thinkers corresponding to Steve McConnell, Barry Boehm, and Barbara Kitchenham supply essays that discover the reality and unmask myths as a rule held one of the software program improvement group.
See every thing coding can accomplish The call for for individuals with coding information exceeds the variety of those who comprehend the languages that strength expertise. Coding All-in-One For Dummies can provide an awesome position to begin if you end up able to upload this worthy asset in your expert repertoire.
- Apple IIc and IIe Assembly Language
- Front-End Architecture: A Modern Blueprint for Scalable and Sustainable Design Systems
- Controlling Language in Industry: Controlled Languages for Technical Documents
- Axiomatising the Logic of Computer Programming
- Prolog : a relational language and its applications
Extra resources for Beginning Mac OS X Tiger Dashboard Widget Development
You can tweak the widget to make it look more like an application. Control-click the widget and select Get Info from the contextual menu to open the file information window (Figure 2-12). 6. Click the Hide extension checkbox below the name and extension text box. In the Finder, you’ll see the extension disappear. 31 Chapter 2 Figure 2-12 How It Works On Mac OS X, a bundle is a way to package software. The extension appended to the folder tells Finder what kind of bundle it is. app and the Hide Extension checkbox is selected.
Copy that folder to your projects directory so you can compile it. If you want your widget to work on Intel-based Macs as well as PowerPC-based Macs, you will need to compile your plugin as a Universal Binary. 1. In Xcode, select Open from the File menu and navigate to the SimplePlugin folder that you just copied into your projects folder. xcode file and click the Open button. 2, you will see a warning dialog (Figure 3-7). Figure 3-7 42 Widget Development Environment If you don’t see this warning, you should upgrade your copy of Xcode before you continue.
Figure 2-2 16 The Basics of Widgetry On OS X, applications are usually bundles and you can see the contents of the application with the Show Package Contents command. png file. png is the icon that appears in the Widget Bar at the bottom of Dashboard. png file contains the Weather widget interface that you see whenever you add it to Dashboard. Most widgets have these two PNG files. In the Weather widget, there’s also an Images folder. 4. Open the Images folder. png file. Open this file in Preview and notice that it is the image you see whenever you flip the Weather widget over to change the preferences.
Beginning Mac OS X Tiger Dashboard Widget Development by Fred Terry